Pages

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Warm up with some Taco Soup



This is the perfect soup to keep you warm from the inside out! My whole family loves this soup, even my neighbors and my kids friends. It is an easy crowd pleaser and this recipe makes a lot of soup. This recipe for Taco Soup probably feeds 6-8 people, maybe even 10. If you don't need that much soup, divide up the leftovers in individual containers and freeze it. Don't forget to leave some for lunch the day after!


Ingredients


Dice your onion. I used a half of an onion.





Brown the ground beef and onions in a large skillet and drain excess fat.


I did not put mine in a slow cooker. I did the short cook time version, in a regular stock pot.

I added 2 cans of pinto beans (do not drain)...


Added 1 can of kidney beans (do not drain) add 1 can of corn (drained)....


Added the can of Mexican-style stewed tomatoes (do not drain)...


Added 1 can of diced tomatoes (do not drain)....




Added 1 can of tomatoes with chiles (do not drain)..


I Added in 2 cans of diced green chiles...


I added taco seasoning packet and ranch dressing mix packet. The recipe calls for black and green olives too. However, I skipped this step because none of my family likes olives including myself. I know......it's sad but true.


Then I stirred to mix the ingredients and let it simmer for 1 hour.


This is what it looked like when the soup was ready. Are you ready for the kicker....? We ate it so fast, I forgot to take a picture of our pretty bowls of soup!! I add a dollup of sour cream on top of the bowl of soup, sprinkle on some grated cheese and some tortilla strips and green onions. You can add jalapenos for a real kick or maybe some avocados. Yum! You will have to see for yourself now! Go on and try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment