Pages

Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day



Tulips are my favorite flowers!


Instead of putting all my flowers in one vase, which is also lovely, I thought I would change it up this time and spread the love!


This is a job for my favorite mercury and glass pieces.


I measured my flowers next to the vases I will be using. Measured it at the height I wanted against the vase. I like the flowers to stand up right above the rim of the vase. I am careful not to cut them too short.


I put the flower in the vase to make sure I am happy with the height. Then measure that flower against the others and start cutting. Cut your flowers at an angle.




Oops, my white one is too tall so I will cut that tulip down a little more.


This is the finished product.


Gorgeous! I just LOVE tulips!




If you have a clear vase, do not throw away your wide leaf clippings.


Cut the smaller ends of the leaf off.


Fill your vase only half  with water. Roll the leaf up to the size of the opening of the vase. Do not roll too tight or the leaf will be hard to loosen in the glass.


Slide the leaf into the vase and put your finger in the middle and lightly press against the glass, making an opening for the flowers.


Now add a little more water to your vase.









Thanks for stopping by! Have a fabulous Valentine's Day! You deserve it!

No comments:

Post a Comment