Pages

Monday, February 28, 2011

Red, White and Blueberry


I realized a couple of weeks ago that swimsuit season was just around the corner. However, my scale was not very empathetic to that so, I figured it was time to loose a couple...few...several pounds before that time comes.


My family loves dessert but they are not crazy about fruit. I had this fat-free, calorie-free, cool whip at my mother-in-laws house over the weekend. We had it over strawberries and my husband actually liked it! Her secret is to shake a little sugar (or sugar substitute) over the strawberries.


First, rinse and pat dry all the fruit. Hull your strawberries and slice them in half. Sprinkle sugar over strawberries and let them sit for a few minutes. Add your blueberries and strawberries to a dessert cup.


Add 1 scoop of whip topping. Next, add more fruit on top of the whip topping, in layers.




Finish by adding 1 last scoop of Cool Whip to your fruit.


This is a delicious low calorie dessert! Can't ask for much more than that! Mix it up and throw in some kiwi or bananas. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment