Pages

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Honey and Goat Cheese Chicken



I am sure I have mentioned before that I adore Paula Deen. I have never met a Paula recipe that I did not like. This one is no exception. It has sweet and spice and of course BUTTER!


Ingredients: 4 chicken breast - boneless, 1 sleeve of butter crackers, crushed red pepper, salt, black pepper, goat cheese, honey, butter and cooking spray.


Make a slit in the side of each chicken breast, using a sharp knife. Be careful not to go through the other side. Wash your hands, always wash your hands when dealing with raw meat. I think that's what Lionel Richie was talking about when he sang, "Once, twice, three times a lady".



In case you don't have crushed crackers laying around or a food processor, I am going to show you how to crush your crackers the old fashioned way. The way I still do it. It's easy and I do not have to dirty more dishes. You will need a gallon size bag and a rolling pin. If you do not have a rolling pin, unscrew the paper towel holder from the base and use that.


Make sure the bag is sealed and take as much air out of the bag as you can. Then take all your days frustrations out on those crackers, banging the rolling pin against the bag of crackers. Flip it over and do it again. Do not do it so hard that the bag pops or you will have a big mess to clean up. Just bang enough to crush your crackers.


This is what it should look similar to when you are done.


In a medium bowl, add all the crushed crackers,  1 teaspoon red pepper.


1 teaspoon salt.


 1/2 teaspoon pepper.


Spray bottom of 9x13 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.


Stuff each chicken breast with equal amounts of goat cheese.


Place stuffed chicken in a baking dish. 


Press cracker mixture on top of each breast, coating evenly. Spray the top of each breast with non-stick cooking spray.


Melt 3 tablespoons of honey in the microwave. Takes about 20-30 seconds to melt the butter.





In a small bowl, stir together melted butter and 3 tablespoons of honey.


stir well.






Bake chicken in the oven for 10 minutes.


Spoon honey butter over chicken.




Return to oven for 25 minutes.




Enjoy!



I use my CorningWare casserole dish all the time. I love it! Easy cleanup and makes a pretty serving dish as well.





No comments:

Post a Comment